Join with NPSA and support Island Crest Park Renovation Project
The Mercer Island Parks and Recreation Department was awarded a grant through the Recreation & Conservation Office for the renovation of Island Crest Park back in 2014. The $500,000 grant, will contribute to the replacement of the existing lighting system at Island Crest Park and the conversion of the entire south field to synthetic turf. A condition of the grant is $150,000 in donations from the community.
The improvements to the field mean we have a field for all seasons, for all weathers and for all sports.
· Brand new lighting system at entire complex
· Synthetic turf on ICP South
· Year-round play for all sports
· Seasonal lines will be painted for youth football, soccer & lacrosse
· Expands capacity for all other MI fields
· Increases opportunity for local youth and adult teams
Construction begins this summer if all funding is secured by 3/1/2017. There is a concerted effort across all sports clubs on the island to raise funds to meet the goal and the deadline.
· Tax deductible donations need to be in before 12/31/2016 for tax write-off.
· Don’t forget to include any corporate matching opportunities.
The City has raised 95% of the $2.3M project cost; the community needs to raise the remaining $150k.
Click HERE to donate using Paypal or mail a check today to:
City of Mercer Island
Attn: ICP Project
2040 84th Ave SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040